mandag 1. november 2010

Finally some pictures!

Me in one of the bazaars in Jaipur, last weekend.

Two boys from my afternoon class, in Goliya.

Dinnertime at camp.

Playing duck duck goose at Bandekhand school.

Marthe and Mathilda outside our lovely hut.

Picture dedicated for my dear papa: Massey Ferguson tractor in Lalsot.

Me on the steps of the Bandekhand daycare center, with my cute little girl, and the lady works at the daycare center.
View of Lalsot from the temple.

Playing volleyball at camp. The huts in the background is where we live, mine is on the apposite side. I will post some pictures of it later.

Me at the temple near the camp, surrounded with children, they almost pushed me over the edge when trying to get in the picture!

Here I'm doing finger painting with some children on our "fun day" last Friday.

Nanna, Katie, Valerie, Marthe and Hanna. We did a little bit of face painting as well.

Marthe and Jessica all dressed up for the goodbye party. We even have on makeup!

Last Friday was a holiday, so the schools and daycare centers were actually closed. But idex had arranged for us to work anyway, but since it's a holiday many different children showed up, ages 5 to 14. Therefor we had a "fun day", played soccer, cricket, duck duck goose, did finger painting and colouring. This is one of the girls from the daycare center at Bandekhand, where I work in the morning (I work in the school though, with 1st grade). She was a real cutie!

In my last post I wrote that we visited a tempel near the camp. These are some of the children who followed us, they were holding our hands, tugging on our clothes and pulling our hair. A bit annoying after a while!

In the bus, on our way to morning work areas.

Children from my afternoon school, Goliya. The girl to the left and the one to the right are really cute, I liked them a lot. My afternoon school is closed this week, and next week I start in a new one, so I won't see these children any more. But then again, around here you suddenly bump into children from your schools when walking around in the villages.

Chai time! Jessica and me.

Marthe and Maya in one of the Jaipur bazaars.

Marthe and Jessica at Amberfort, Jaipur (introduction week).

Marthe at the Taj Mahal, Agra

My group at Amberfort


Marthe at the Hawa Mahal (wind palace) in Jaipur. We went there on our second free weekend after arrival at camp.


5 kommentarer:

  1. Fint med bilder! Ser ut som dere har det moro! Klem fra Hamar

    SvarSlett
  2. Fine bilde, Marthe! Det ser så fargerikt å fint ut der :)

    SvarSlett
  3. Ser så fint ut der! Savne de masse! :)

    SvarSlett
  4. Så mange fine bilder!! :D Ser ut som du får litt av en opplevelse :) Gøøøy!! Og du blender jo rett inn med de flotte Indiaklærne ;D

    Kos deg den tiden du har igjen nede der, for det der er det ikke alle som får oppleve! :)

    Klemmer fra meg og Nora! :)

    SvarSlett
  5. Symbol of Humanity , nice :). Kashif Bhai like Hanna very much.

    SvarSlett